Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sir, I would like a raise.

Employee: Excuse me, sir, may I talk to you?
Boss: Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?
Employee: Well, sir, as you know, I have been 
an employee of this prestigious firm for over 
ten years.
Boss: Yes.
Employee: I won't beat around the bush. 
Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have 
four companies after me and so I decided 
to talk to you first.
Boss: A raise? I would love to give you a raise, 
but this is just not the right time.
Employee: I understand your position, and I 
know that the current economic downturn has 
had a negative impact on sales, but you must 
also take into consideration my hard work, 
proactiveness, and loyalty to this company for 
over a decade.
Boss: Taking into account these factors, and 
considering I don't want to start a brain drain, 
I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and 
an extra five days of vacation time.
How does that sound?
Employee: Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir!
Boss: Before you go, just out of curiosity, 
what companies were after you?
Employee: Oh, the Electric Company, 
the Gas Company, the Water Company, 
and the Mortgage Company!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment